Sorrry Everyone for not posting in a long while. I just want to tell everyone about the field trips that I went on last weekend for my UNI classes. The first was to Green Island again where we looked that the impacts of tourism on a protected national park. There a lots of Asian tourists there that dont seem to notice or care about the natural state of the island.....just an observation. Nothing really exciting happened there. Just went snorkeling and took notes on what people did and how they acted! That was for my Tourism and the Environment subject.
Then I went to The Daintree Rainforest with my Conserving Tropical Rainforests subject. That was real data collecting on the aboriginal communities, tourists, and the state of the environment. There was a lot of running throught the rainforest, picture taking, and complaining. Haha but all in good fun. I got to know my professor more and my class mates. We stayed in a backpackers within a part of the forest and I woke up at 6am to two cockatoos squawking back a forth right outside our cabin. It sounded like something was dying outside and all I wanted to do was go all American on them and blow them away with a shot gun. But I didn't because that would be terrible instead I got up and had an early breakfast to clam down.
Then more walking through the rainforest and see a data observatory crane that the UNI owns before heading back to campus to start the field report due soon with 4000 words....blah. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment